Moderated by Roberto Ascione, CEO of Healthware International (Italy) and Dr. Vishal Gulati, Venture Partner at Draper Esprit plc (UK), EC2VC is the leading investors’ forum and pitch competition, offering high-quality networking opportunities between leading startups and the most active European investors in digital health.
The event attracted a lot of attention: over 50 digital health investors confirmed their participation and 57 European SMEs actively looking for funding applied to the EC2VC call. 13 made it on the final list.
“We were impressed with the response from SMEs and investors alike. EC2VC is really the first event in Europe to attract such an important group of investors that are very focused on in digital health. And obviously the word is out. Now we look forward to creating some sparks at the live pitching competition!” declared Pascal Lardier, édito’s Principal.
The 13 finalists were carefully selected by a committee review of 12 digital health experts. They will be invited to make a 4-minute pitch presentation followed by 4 minutes of Q&A with our jury panelists who will select two winners in two categories: early stage funding (revenues under 250K€/year) & growth funding (revenues over 250K€/year).
The lucky 13 finalists are:
Revenues under 250K€
- HelpAround – Israel
- BeYou Health Coach – Spain
- DrOmnibus – Poland
- PatientPharma – Ireland
- Innovitas Vitae S.R.L. – Italy
- eKuore – Spain
- Exovite – Spain
Revenues over 250K€
- QALYO – France
- Molecular Warehouse Ltd. – UK
- OpenTeleHealth – Denmark
- Abomics Oy – Finland
- Daman / HealthBuddy – Denmark
- Linkcare Health Services SL – Spain
Congrats & good luck to all of them!
The panel of jury panelist facing them will include:
- Farooq Abbasi, Partner, Mosaic Ventures (United Kingdom)
- Alessio Beverina, General Partner, Panakès Partners (Italy)
- Josep Sanfeliu, General Manager, YSIOS Capital (Spain)
- Edward Kliphuis, Investment Director, Merck Ventures (The Netherlands)
- Lara Koole, Senior Manager, Philips HealthTech Ventures (The Netherlands)
- Marc Lambrechts, Senior Investment Director, Capricorn Venture Partners (Belgium)
- Sven Lingjaerd, Managing Partner, Endeavour Vision (Switzerland)
- Clara Leonard, Associate, DH Ventures (Germany)
- Cristian Pascual, Digital Health Angel Investor (Spain)
- Dr. Klaus Stöckemann, Managing Partner, Peppermint VenturePartners (Germany)
- Francesca Wuttke, Managing Director/Investment Principal – Europe, Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, LLC (Spain)
- Marc-Olivier Luecke, Partner, Atlantic Labs, (Germany)
- Dr. Michael Sidler, Founding Partner, Redalpine Venture Capital (Switzerland)
We’re looking forward to hosting them very soon in Barcelona.
The EC2VC Investors’ Forum and Pitch Competition will take place on May 3 (14:00-17:30) as part of Health 2.0 Europe 2017. It is one of three eHealth Hub events co-located on May 3 and 4 with the leading digital health conference in Europe and targeting startups, healthcare providers and investors.